If ,Duplicate Pan is allotted to you ,with or without your fault then don't be passive and be active and surrender one of Pan number immediately .Holding two pan is illegal and you may be fined up to Rs 10000/-.
How To surrender Duplicate pan Card
Surrender the Pan (not in use) through a letter addressed to your jurisdictional Assessing Officer.or you can surrender the pan by filing a application "change in pan data " through UTI pan centers or NSDL TIN Facilitation centers.In application fill spare pan number in Last row of the Form.
If I do not surrender the additional PAN number, is there any problem?
Yes. It is illegal to have two PANs and the penalty for such offence is Rs.10,000/-`
By mistake I have been using different PANs for different purpose like one for my demat account and another for filing my Income Tax return and payment of taxes. How do I set this right?
It is advisable to retain only one PAN, preferably the one used for Income Tax purpose and surrender the other number immediately. The institutions where the latter number has been quoted should be informed of the correct PAN.
If I hold two Pan ,Which number should I use/surrender ?
You may retain any one of the numbers and surrender the other.But you should retain the pan which is most used and used recently.
- TRACK PAN APPLICATION STATUS UTI PAN CARD STATUS
- KNOW PAN APPLICATION STATUS NSDL TIN NSDL
- Duplicate pan card Do’s and Don’ts-correction in p...
- Do’s and Don’ts-New PAN Application
- Transactions in which quoting of PAN is mandatory
- HOW TO APPLY NEW PAN CARD
- WHAT IS PAN ,WHO SHALL APPLY PAN
- TDS AT 20 % WITHOUT PAN MAXIMUM TDS RATE
- Surrender the additional PAN number Or face 10,000...
- Benefits of obtaining a Permanent Account Number [...
- FREE PAN VERIFICATION -BULK PAN VERIFICATION
- PAN CARD GRIEVANCES PAN NAME MISMATCH PAN CARD COM...
- ETDS RETURN STATUS FIND LIST OF INCORRECT PAN LIST...
- ▼ March (13)